What is the importance of Gums in the mouth?
The gums form a very important part of the mouth. They hold the teeth in the right place and provide support. Gum problems can affect your teeth in the form of tooth decay or loss of teeth, which is why it’s so essential to take good care of your gums.
How to know if you have unhealthy gums?
A gum disease can happen at any age. Visit your dentist immediately if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Gums are red or swollen.
- Gums are tender or painful.
- Gums that bleed during brushing or flossing
- Changes in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- Pus coming from between your teeth and gums
- Constant bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth
What are the steps to make your Gums Healthy?
Gum diseases are common but can be easily detected and cured. Gum disease is an inflammation of the gums. It is caused by the bacteria in plaque, a sticky, colorless film that constantly forms on your teeth. The steps below highlight ways to prevent gum diseases and keep your gums healthy:
- Proper Brushing: The first and easiest way to have healthy gums is to brush twice daily. This habit will ensure less formation of bacteria in the plaque.
- Floss Daily: Flossing will help remove food particles stuck between the teeth and decrease the bacteria in the mouth leading to healthier gums.
- Eat Healthy: Include fruits and fresh vegetables in your diet and cut down on the sugary drinks and snacks.
- Rinse your mouth: Use a therapeutic mouthwash to rinse your mouth. This can help in reducing plaque formation. Rinsing also helps in removing food particles and debris from your mouth.
- Message your Gum: A simple gum message can keep your gums healthy and proper. Simply dip your finger in some eucalyptus oil or any oil recommended by your dentist and massage your gums outside, inside, on the upper and lower jaw.
- Avoid Tobacco Products: Avoid having tobacco products as they can increase gum problems.
- Mouth Exercise: Mouth exercises can stimulate blood flow and keep your gums healthy. Try gently biting down to a point where your teeth make a clicking sound when they meet. Ask your dentist for other mouth exercises.
- Visit Your Dentist: Visit your dentist regularly and get your gums and teeth thoroughly cleaned.
Visit Riar Dental Arts
At Riar Dental Arts we build relationships of trust and wellbeing. Our team gets to know each of our patients on an individual level to provide exceptional care with their specific needs in mind. While giving any treatment to the patients, our state-of-the-art methods keep their care and comfort in mind. Have a look at our reviews to see what the community of Bakersfield is talking about us. Book your Dental Checkup with Dr Riar at Riar Dental Arts today.